Fletcher Admission Policies and Procedures
Admission to the MDiv and MA(CM) Programs
General Requirements for Admission
Applicants for admission to master’s degrees at Fletcher Seminary must have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (with accreditation recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or holding membership in the Association of Universities and Colleges in Canada or the educational equivalent at a US or international university).The degree must contain a minimum of 42 advanced semester hours (courses designed for juniors and seniors). Students presenting degrees with less than 42 advanced hours must satisfy all other entrance requirements and complete sufficient undergraduate upper level hours before they are admitted.
Each student must submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study. To be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly from the student’s college, university, or seminary to the Fletcher Seminary Admissions Office.
Fletcher Seminary Admissions Office
901 E Drexel Ave.
San Antonio, Texas 78210
OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Requirements for Admission to the MDiv or MA(CM) Programs
Admission to Fletcher Seminary is based upon a total evaluation of the following elements.
- Prior Academic Performance. Consideration is given to a student’s grade point average (GPA) in all undergraduate course work, GPA in major field, GPA in previous graduate study, adequacy of the liberal arts component of the undergraduate degree, and dates of completion of previous academic work.
- Application. A student will complete an online application indicating previous experience and current aptitude for graduate theological study in preparation for ministry.
- Personal Statement. A student will write a personal statement that (1) gives an account of his/her personal journey; (2) explains calling and personal commitment to ministry; and (3) describes goals and plans for current and future ministry.
- Letters of Recommendation. Three letters of recommendation are required reflecting evidence of a student’s character, commitment, and readiness for a graduate, professional program of study in ministry preparation.
- Personal Interview. A student will have an interview with a seminary representative.
- Church Endorsement. A student applying to the MDiv or MA(CM) degree is required to have the Church Endorsement Form completed by a church where he/she has been a member.
- Application fee – $30. When materials are submitted, the application will be processed upon receipt of the application fee.
Fletcher Seminary will grant provisional admission without all transcripts and letters of recommendation being on file by the class start date. However, all required documents must be received by October 10, 2022.